Monday, October 27, 2008

Incident at a bookstore

The other day I was visiting one of the area's Barnes and Noble stores, hanging around a display about the upcoming Presidential election. I'd lie and say I stopped briefly on my way to the philosophy department or Greek history section, but you know better.

Anyway, two men in their early 20's passed by the display. One stopped at the display and noticed a biography of Sarah Palin that was there.

"Hey, it's the hockey mom," one of them said. Then after a pause, he said with equal parts sarcasm and disgust, "I've never known a hockey mom to spend $150-thousand on her clothes." His friend chuckled and agreed with him as they moved on.

Governor, based on that incident I'd say it's going to tough for you to shake that image off for a while.

No comments: