Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A slow news day

At 6 o'clock on Tuesday, one of the local television stations (OK, it was WIVB) started its newscast off with a story about a Cheektowaga man who had applied for an enhanced driver's license. When the finished product arrived in the mail, it had someone else's picture on it.

Now having gone through this process a few weeks ago, I can understand how this happens. There is a lot of paperwork that has to be checked for the new license, and applications can easily get mixed up. In fact, I had a new picture taken for my enhanced license, and the new license came back with my old picture from 1987.

I'm sure the Cheektowaga man called the Department of Motor Vehicles, and it took a new picture and issued a new license (or will, in the near future).

Still, did someone really think this was the most important story of the day?

No comments: